Saturday, June 26, 2010

Feeling A Little Less Guilty Today

Yesterday I decided to venture out in the heat of the Arizona sun to take the kids on an adventure. (If you call going to the mall an adventure) First we had lunch with my old boss from back when I was 17. It's hard watching people age so much. He asked Lily how old she was about 5 times. The fourth time she let out an "uuuuggghhh" but told him again. The fifth time she said "George, you can't keep asking me how old I am!". He didn't seem to notice. It was a nice lunch none the less!

Then we ventured over to Arizona Mills Mall to check out the new Aquarium. Not worth the $18.50 adult admission but seeing Rocco laugh so hard over the Stingray's swimming right by him made it all worth it! It's been a very long time since I have walked through a mall but being that it's an "outlet" mall, made it worth it. I wasn't planning on shopping but the kids needed a few things and who can pass up $6 pajama's and $7 shoes!

It was so stinkin' hot. Rocco turns BEAT red from the heat so by the time we got into the mall, he looked like he had heat stroke. Poor baby! But a little ice cream did the trick.

So at the end of the day, I had a little less guilt on my shoulders knowing my kids got to get out of the house and have some fun. Who knows what today will bring but there is nothing better than seeing your kids having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment