I am a wife and mother of two who struggles with the right choices on as daily basis. Life has it's up's and down's but we hang on tight until our knuckles turn white!
Friday, July 16, 2010
Change
They say "change can be good", right? I don't know who "they" are but I hope they're right. This week has been a week of change. I have been with the same employer for 8 years. They helped me transition from being a working wife to a working mom, allowing me to work from home. That is something I will be forever grateful for. Although in the end it didn't work out as well as I had expected in regards to my workload and my pay but I got to spend time with my kids and work in my pajama's. You can't beat that! But now it's time to try something new. I have been in my comfort zone for so long in regards to my employment position. I don't have a "manager" over me making sure I do my job. I just get it done. I am now going into a position that seems to be very micro managed and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with that. In the end I hope they can see that I know what I'm doing and leave me be but you never know. It's nerve racking and will require some "office time with real adults" which is something I probably need right now. Only a couple days a week in the beginning and then I will be back to my old routine. Change doesn't invigorate me, it scares the crap out of me. So it's time to turn in my resignation today, finish out my two weeks and then start on my new venture. I hope it's a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment